- “TERRIFICALLY ENGAGING & FASCINATING. With its cast, its dead-on timing, its terrific comic staging by Leigh Silverman, its perfect set by Mimi Lien and sound design by Palmer Hefferan, it would probably nail its laughs even without the dialogue. It’s what you call a good time.” The New York Times
- “A RIB-BUSTINGLY FUNNY PLAY! A smart, well-wrought stage comedy. The acting is letter-perfect. Daniel Radcliffe is exceptional. Cherry Jones and Bobby Cannavale are two of Broadway’s best performers – as good as it’s possible to be.” The Wall Street Journal
- “BRISKLY ENTERTAINING AND BRACINGLY ACTED. You’ll find yourself happy to have your preconceptions disturbed and assumptions unsettled.” The Washington Post
- “GIVES YOU THE SATISFYING RUSH of a good mystery or a crossword puzzle – in a way that’s both invigorating and unsettling.” New York Magazine
- “THE LAUGHS ARE EXPLOSIVE IN THIS CRACKERJACK NEW PLAY. Ingenious, entertaining and truly scintillating! The never-better Daniel Radcliffe is a real revelation – you can’t take your eyes off him! Director Leigh Silverman keeps her foot on the accelerator. Bobby Cannavale is hilarious.” The Hollywood Reporter
“DANIEL RADCLIFFE IS A MASTER OF COMEDY.” Variety
- “CHERRY JONES IS AS COMMANDING AS EVER.” Deadline
- “A RIVETING, HIGHLY PROVACATIVE PLAY. I wish it a long and healthy lifespan of its own. Daniel Radcliffe is perfection. Bobby Cannavale has a compelling dynamic. Cherry Jones is terrific.” NY1
- “4 STARS! AN ENTERTAINING PLAY ABOUT THE STORIES WE TELL.” TimeOut NY
BE MORE CHILL RECEIVED 10 THEATRE FANS’ CHOICE AWARDS FOR:
- Best Book of a Musical: Joe Tracz
- Best Costume Design: Bobby Frederick Tilley II
- Best Featured Actor in a Musical: George Salazar
- Best Featured Actress in a Musical: Stephanie Hsu
- Best Leading Actor in a Musical: Will Roland
- Best Lighting Design: Tyler Micoleau
- Best Scenic Design: Beowulf Boritt
- Best Sound Design of a Musical: Ryan Rumery
- Broadway’s Backbone Best Musical Ensemble
- Best Choreography: Chase Brock
It’s already “one of the most popular new musicals in America,” raves The New York Times. And Forbes declares, “It’s a viral obsession!” Check out the incredible reviews for Be More Chill.
“★★★★! IT’S EASY TO SEE WHY FANS ARE SO ENAMORED. ICONIS’ TUNES, WHICH HAVE EARNED HIM A MAJOR ONLINE FOLLOWING, ARE CHARACTER-DRIVEN AND CATCHY, especially Christine’s quirkily sweet ‘I Love Play Rehearsal,’ destined to become an anthem for high school actors everywhere.” New York Stage Review
- “BE MORE CHILL COULDN’T BE HOTTER.” New York Theatre Guide
- “WHAT’S THAT JOYFUL, ROWDY, ROOF-RAISING NOISE SHAKING THINGS UP ON BROADWAY with the highest decibel count around? It’s Be More Chill a rock-the-house teen musical phenom.” Rolling Stone
- “A SUBLIMELY SILLY, EXCITING SCI-FI TEEN MUSICAL COMEDY DESERVES A PLACE IN BROADWAY HISTORY. A supercharged piece of popular entertainment. The diverse, big-voiced cast is superb…Stephanie Hsu is adorable…George Salazar stops the show cold.” amNY
- “BE MORE CHILL IS LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN DEAR EVAN HANSEN AND A WACKY SCI-FI THRILLER.” LA Times
- “WILL ROLAND IS DYNAMIC. STEPHANIE HSU IS BRIGHT, BUBBLY AND FUNNY. JasonSweetTooth Williams also brings a great deal of heart to the show. Iconis’ score really lights up the evening; mature in craft while conveying the musical and verbal vernacular of the show’s young characters. ‘Michael In The Bathroom,’ a finely-crafted emotional shut-down that thus far is the best new theatre song of the season. Be More Chill may be about kids, but it wears serious big boy pants.” BroadwayWorld
- “NO HEAT LOST AS JOYOUS VIRAL MUSICAL SENSATION FINALLY CHARGES BROADWAY. TENACIOUSLY ENJOYABLE, AMPED UP JUST ENOUGH TO SUIT BROADWAY DEMANDS without swamping the heart and humor that caught everyone’s attention in the first place. Be More Chill deserves ever new audiences, perhaps even those more familiar with plush Broadway seats. They should swallow whatever Be More Chill has to offer.” Deadline
- “ZIPPY AND DELIGHTFULLY DEVILISH, ENJOYABLE NOT JUST FOR THEIR ENERGY AND CHARM BUT ALSO FOR THE STREAK OF KNOWING WICKEDNESS RUNNING THROUGH ALL THE POP AND FIZZ. With high-octane music and lyrics by Joe Iconis and a smartly tailored book by Joe Tracz – kept clipping vivaciously along by director Stephen Brackett – Be More Chill has a welcome edge of nastiness to it, a hint of Little Shop of Horrors acidity that’s refreshing in a world full of Superheros.” New York Magazine
- “BROADWAY’S LATEST HIT.” Newsweek
Discover BE MORE CHILL for yourself, and give your life an upgrade. What if popularity came in a pill? Would you take it, no questions asked? In BE MORE CHILL, achieving that elusive “perfect life” is now possible thanks to some mysterious new technology – but it comes at a cost that’s not as easy to swallow. What could possibly go wrong? Blending the contemporary with retro sci-fi, this thrillingly exciting, comically subversive, and deeply felt new musical takes on the competing voices in all of our heads. And ultimately proves, there’s never been a better time in history to be yourself-especially if you’re a loser…geek…or whatever.
- “THREE TALL WOMEN IS ESSENTIAL VIEWING. Glenda Jackson exudes uncompromising, defiant strength in every role.” –The New York Times
- “5 STARS. BROADWAY IS FORTUNATE TO DELIVER ONE EVENT A SEASON, AND JACKSON IS THAT EVENT FOR 2017-2018.” –TimeOut New York
- “ELECTRIFYING AND HEART-RENDING. It is with ‘Three Tall Women’ that Edward Albee makes his triumphant return.” –The Wall Street Journal
- “STAGE ACTING DOESN’T GET ANY BETTER THAN GLENDA JACKSON’S PERFORMANCE as the autocratic nonagenarian in Edward Albee’s ‘Three Tall Women.'” –The Hollywood Reporter
- “ONE OF THE HAPPIEST EVENTS IN AMERICAN PLAYWRITING.” –The Village Voice
- “THIS REVIVAL OF THREE TALL WOMEN REALLY IS A STAGGERING EXAMPLE OF PRECISELY WHAT A DRAMATIC ACTOR DOES ONSTAGE. ACTUALLY THREE EXAMPLES.” –Vulture
- “LAURIE METCALF IS HAVING HER BEST YEAR EVER, AND IT’S NOT OVER YET.” –The Washington Post
Glenda Jackson, the two-time Academy Award winner made her long-awaited return to Broadway alongside three-time Emmy, 2017 Tony Award winner, and this season’s Academy Award Nominee, Laurie Metcalf, and Tony Nominee Alison Pill. Three Tall Women won the New York Drama Critics’ Circle and Outer Critics Circle Awards for Best Play. Two-time Tony winner Joe Mantello (Wicked) directs.
As an imperious acerbic old woman lies dying, she is tended by two other women and visited by a young man. Albee’s frank dialogue about everything from incontinence to infidelity portrays aging without sentimentality. His scenes are charged with wit, pain, and laughter, and his observations tell us about forgiveness, reconciliation, and our own fates. But it is his probing portrait of the three women that reveals Albee’s genius. Separate characters on stage in the first act, yet actually the same “everywoman” at different ages in the second act, these “tall women” lay bare the truths of our lives—how we live, how we love, what we settle for, and how we die.
Performances at the JOHN GOLDEN THEATRE, 252 West 45th Street, New York City. For more information and to purchase tickets, please click here.
The Rodgers and Hammerstein classic Carousel opened on April 12, 2018 to incredible reviews:
- “THE REAL SPINNING CAROUSEL IN THIS PRODUCTION IS LOVE.” –The New York Times
- “THE BEST MUSICAL OF THE SEASON BY FAR.” –NPR
- “5 STARS. A TIMELESS RIDE, BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL.” –New York Stage Review
- “THEY DON’T CALL IT THE GOLDEN AGE OF BROADWAY FOR NOTHING. A heavenly ‘Carousel.’ What a gift to have it back on Broadway.” –Hollywood Reporter
- “‘CAROUSEL’ IS A MIRACULOUS FUSION OF SENTIMENT AND CRAFTSMANSHIP. I’ve never heard a better sung golden age musical.” –The Wall Street Journal
- “THE MUSICAL THEATER PERFORMANCE OF THE SEASON. My eyes were wet with tears.” –Broadway News
- “HOORAY! AN UNMISSABLE ‘CAROUSEL’ WITH GLORIOUS, UNBEATABLE PERFORMANCES.” –
- “GOD IS IN ‘CAROUSEL. The greatest musical ever written.” –Chicago Tribune
- “‘CAROUSEL’ IS A MASTERPIECE, a sublime piece of 20th century musical theater. ” –Deadline
- “THIS IS A ‘CAROUSEL’ WORTH A MIGHTY SPIN.” –NY1
- “ONE OF THE MOST MOVING EXPERIENCES IN ALL OF MUSICAL THEATRE.” –New York
- “A CLASSIC SHOW GETS THE CLASSIC PRODUCTION IT DESERVES.” –WRAP
The show features Tony Award winner Jessie Mueller (Waitress) as Julie Jordan, Tony nominee Joshua Henry (Hamilton) as Billy Bigelow and opera star Renee Fleming as Nettie Fowler. Three-time Tony winner Jack O’Brien directs the revival and the production is choreographed by Justin Peck, a one-time Broadway performer (The Phantom of the Opera, Movin’ Out, Come Fly Away) who is now resident choreographer of the New York City Ballet. Two company members of NYCB will be featured in Carousel: Amor Ramasar as Jigger and Brittany Pollack as Louise.
Mueller earned a Tony Award in 2014 for her star turn in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. She also earned Tony nods for Waitress and On a Clear Day You Can See Forever; other Broadway credits include Nice Work If You Can Get It and The Mystery of Edwin Drood. She previously played Carrie Pipperidge in a concert version of Carousel for the New York Philharmonic in 2013. Henry, currently performing as Aaron Burr in the national tour of Hamilton, made his Broadway debut in In the Heights, received Tony Award nominations for his roles in Violet and The Scottsboro Boys and created the role of Noble Sissle in Shuffle Along. Fleming, a four-time Grammy Award winner, has performed on the stages of countless opera houses, including the Metropolitan Opera, Milan’s La Scala and London’s Royal Opera. She made her Broadway debut in 2015 in the comedy Living on Love.
The creative team includes Santo Loquasto (scenic design), Ann Roth (costume design), Jules Fisher and Peggy Eisenhauer (lighting design), Jonathan Tunick (orchestrations), Andy Einhorn (musical supervision and direction) and Scott Lehrer (sound design). Carousel, written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, follows the tragic romance of carousel barker Billy Bigelow and mill worker Julie Jordan. The show features a catalog of musical-theater standards including “If I Loved You,” “June Is Bustin’ Out All Over” and “You’ll Never Walk Alone” (just imagine Renee Fleming’s performance of that song!).
Performances at the IMPERIAL THEATRE, 249 West 45th Street, New York City. For more information and to purchase tickets, please click here.
- “‘The Iceman Cometh’ is a ferocious American classic. It ranks among the theater’s finest works.” The New York Times
- “As monumental as a glacier. ‘The Iceman Cometh’ moves everything in its path with its inexorable, timeless power. Eugene O’Neill is the ignition key for American theater.” The Washington Post
- “Denzel Washington is the best living actor.” Deadline
- ” This Iceman is at once a star vehicle and an ensemble piece, and the ensemble here is stellar.” Newsweek
Set in the summer of 1912 at Harry Hope’s saloon on New York’s lower west side, this is O’Neill’s classic story of a freespending boisterous salesman who compels his fellow barflies to confront their pipe dreams.