- “A ‘MOCKINGBIRD’ FOR OUR MOMENT. Beautiful, elegiac, satisfying, even exhilarating.” The New York Times Critic’s Pick.
- “JEFF DANIELS IS PERFECT – AND THAT’S THAT. Harper Lee would be thrilled with the magnificent manner in which ‘Mockingbird’ has been brought to the stage.” New York Stage Review
- “RECONSIDER. EVERYTHING. Aaron Sorkin and Jeff Daniels deliver an Atticus for our times. This is the ‘Mockingbird’ of our collective daydreams.” Deadline
- “JEFF DANIELS SOARS AS A TOWERING ATTICUS FINCH. When Aaron Sorkin’s words are uttered by Daniels, you’re inclined to a conviction that kindness in the world is still possible.” The Washington Post.
- “A GAME-CHANGING ‘MOCKINGBIRD.’ A genuinely radical new play that fits this riven American moment. This living, breathing ‘Mockingbird’ pulses with relevance.” Chicago Tribune
- “A NEW BROADWAY BLOCKBUSTER. Aaron Sorkin, Bartlett Sher and an impeccable cast
have created something provocatively fresh and rustically elegant. Jeff Daniels offers a stirring, thoroughly original Atticus Finch.” Los Angeles Times
- AARON SORKIN SPELLBINDS BROADWAY. A superbly entertaining, handsomely acted, abounding and energetic play of force and drive.” The Guardian
- “MAGESTIC AND INCANDESCENT, this ‘Mockingbird’ is filled with breath and nuance and soul. THERE’S BRAVERY AND DIGNITY IN EVERY ONE OF THESE ACTORS AND THERE’S ALSO GENEROSITY.” New York Magazine
- “A TRANSFIXING ACT OF THEATRICAL STORYTELLING that makes us hang on to every word as if experiencing the story for the first time.” The Hollywood Reporter
- “‘TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD ‘ACHIEVES THE UNIMAGINABLE – it enhances this great work. They pull it off magnificently.” NY1
In a new adaptation by Aaron Sorkin, directed by Bartlett Sher. and inspired by Lee’s own childhood in Alabama, To Kill a Mockingbird features one of literature’s towering symbols of integrity and righteousness in the character of Atticus Finch, based on Lee’s own father. The character of Scout, based on herself, has come to define youthful innocence – and its inevitable loss – for generation after generation of readers around the world.