- “SUMPTUOUS. HYPNOTIC. GORGEOUS.” The New York Times
- “THE BEST NEW MUSICAL OF THE SEASON.” The Wall Street Journal
- “STUNNINGLY VISCERAL AND EXQUISITELY ORIGINAL.” NY1
- “VISIONARY AND RAVISHING.” New York Magazine
- “THE MOST THRILLING NEW MUSICAL OF THE SEASON” Deadline
- “MUSICALITY YOU RARELY HEAR ON BROADWAY.” Rolling Stone
HADESTOWN follows two intertwining love stories – that of young dreamers Orpheus and Eurydice, and that of king Hades and his wife Persephone – as it invites audiences on an epic journey to the underworld and back. Mitchell’s alluring melodies and poetic imagination pit nature against industry, faith against doubt, and love against fear. Performed by a vibrant ensemble of actors, dancers and musicians, HADESTOWN delivers a deeply resonant and defiantly hopeful theatrical experience.